Due to the ongoing Coronavirus Pandemic, the Paul G. Allen School has made the decision to cancel our DawgBytes Summer Camps program for Summer 2020. We feel we cannot offer camps in person safely, and that the content we had planned on offering can not effectively be changed to an online program at this time.
Our commitment to providing high quality educational programming to communities in Washington has never been stronger, and we continue to be available as a resource for educators, students, and families. Please reach out to us with any questions you might have.
AI 4 All
This year the Paul G. Allen School is also participating in the AI 4 All Summer Program, and will be able to offer this online:
The University of Washington invites students from traditionally underrepresented groups to join us for a free, 2-week data science and artificial intelligence introductory workshop. To be eligible for the program, students must be rising high school juniors, high school seniors, or college freshmen. At the workshop, students will learn how to understand, analyze, interpret and discuss real-world applications of data science and machine learning with the ultimate goal of understanding impactful technology decisions.
We recognize that our camps do not meet everyone's needs. Here are alternate summer opportunities for K-12 students in the Puget Sound interested in computing:
Please note that these are not associated with the Paul G. Allen School or DawgBytes, but are other programs in the region
- UW Summer Youth Programs: UW's Summer Youth Programs have camps in many STEM subjects, including CS
- Pacific Science Center camps: PacSci offers several computing-focused camps including some just for girls!
- Girls Who Code Summer Immersion Program: Seven weeks of intensive instruction in robotics, web design, and mobile development with mentorship from female engineers in industry.
- Seattle Central Community College: CSC 142 is a transfer course for UW's CSE 142. CSC 110 is an introduction to programming in Visual Basic.
- iD Tech Camps offer a wide variety of Tech and STEM-related camps
- DigiGirlz High Tech Camp: a Microsoft camp for middle and high school girls.
- DigiPen summer workshops.
- For elementary school: Camp Kode Kids
- For elementary and middle school: Coding With Kids
- For High School students in grades 10, 11, and 12 Game Experience America camp
- For high school seniors: Google Computer Science Summer Institute (App deadline March 5)
- For high school juniors and seniors: Microsoft High School Internship (App deadline Feb 28)
- For grades 3 - 12 : Prime Factor